Sunday, January 25, 2015

Don't Quarrel

Genesis 45

Then he sent his brothers away, and as they were leaving he said to them, "Don't quarrel on the way!" 
Genesis 45:24

Oh, my gosh! This makes me laugh! But I laugh because it is so true and hits so close to home. Joseph knew his brothers. Why is it that we have a tendency to argue with the ones who are the closest to us?

Joseph had also just shown great favoritism to Benjamin by giving him a lot more gifts than the rest. He must have known that they would be tempted to harass Benjamin about that.

Lord, help me to not give in to the temptation to argue with my family. Help there to be unity within our family so that others see it and wonder what is so different about us.

Lord, I see so much strife in the family across the street. You know that they desperately need you, Jesus. Holy Spirit, I pray that you would pursue that young woman and her boyfriend. Give her grandmother the strength she needs to manage this wild girl. Comfort them all as they still grieve the tragic shooting death of the grandfather. I pray that now that the mom is out of prison that she will remain drug free. 

Holy Spirit, please pursue every person in that home! As well as everyone who is in and out of it. I pray that you would give me opportunities to share with them and boldness to speak the words you give me in those moments!

Amen

If this post resonated with you, please leave your comments below. I'd love to hear how God is working in your life.

No comments: