Wednesday, June 3, 2015

I Have the Privilege of Suffering

John 1:10-13
He came into the very world he created, but the world didn't recognize him. He came to his own people, and even they rejected him. But to all who believed in him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God. They are reborn -- not with a physical birth resulting from human passion or plan, but a birth that comes from God.

Thank you, Jesus for giving me the right to become a child of God. Thank you that I have been reborn. I am a new creation in Christ.

Romans 8:17
And since we are his children, we are his heirs. In fact, together with Christ we are heirs of God's glory. But if we are to share his glory, we must also share his suffering.

Philippians 1:29
For you have been given not only the privilege of trusting in Christ but also the privilege of suffering for him.

Jesus, you have granted me the blessing and privilege to suffer for and with you. I haven't suffered like many Christians in other countries are having to. And I will probably never suffer a fraction of what you went through.
When I do suffer, help me to rejoice in it. Help me to see it as an opportunity to not only grow in my faith, but also to get my mind and heart focus centered back on you, to prove to myself and others that my faith is real, and to be an example to a world who is closely watching to see how I will react.

I thank you for the example you have been to me, and for your word that helps me to get through the suffering. I cling to your word and hide it in my heart. You remind me of verses when I need them and they comfort and instruct me.

Jesus, I have been having trouble remembering which verse goes with which address. Would you please show me a way to make these things stick in my old brain. You created my brain and you know how it works. I know that you can help me with this. Thank you for how you are already helping me to remember the verses.

  
THIS WEEK'S MEMORY VERSES
Zechariah 11:11
The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.
Zechariah 11:11

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: