Monday, July 6, 2015

I Have a New Family

Romans 5:17
For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.


It wasn't some Pandora's Box that caused evil to enter the world. It was Adam's sin. But praise God for his wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through Jesus Christ. Since I have accepted this gift, I now live in triumph over sin and death.

I was born into Adam's family, as we all were. From the time I was born, my instinct has been to sin. It's a family trait. But now that I've been reborn into a new spiritual family, Christ's family, I have new family traits. Now my tendency is toward obedience out of love for my family patriarch. I want to please him and stay in right relationship with him. 

I still fail from time to time, but the Holy Spirit immediately alerts me so that I can ask for forgiveness and get back into fellowship with my Lord and Savior. It's a wonderful way to live!

MEMORY VERSES
2 Chronicles 16:9a
The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
2 Chronicles 16:9a

Philippians 4:6-7
Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: