Saturday, February 13, 2016

Help Me to Conquer

Joshua 17:12-13

But the descendants of Manasseh were unable to occupy these towns because the Canaanites were determined to stay in that region. Later, however, when the Israelites became strong enough, they forced the Canaanites to work as slaves. But they did not drive them out of the land.


Lord, I need to be sure to clear out and conquer the areas in my life that you tell me to. If you tell me to completely destroy it, then it is wrong for me to try to make that area submit to me and be my slave instead. That is not complete obedience.

For instance, I've been feeling like you want me to stop having the occasional drink of alcohol. Not because it is a sin, but because you have told me to keep a clear mind in every situation.

2 Timothy 4:5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given to you.

I have been trying to skirt the issue by telling myself, "Well, I won't have enough to get drunk." But you are telling me to drive this out of my life completely. Please help me to do that. Help me to remember this the next time I'm tempted to have a drink.

In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSE
2 Timothy 4:5
But you should keep a clear mind in every situation. Don't be afraid of suffering for the Lord. Work at telling others the Good News, and fully carry out the ministry God has given you.
2 Timothy 4:5

YEAR VERSES
Psalm 37:3-5
Trust in the LORD and do good.
Then you will live safely in the land and prosper.
Take delight in the LORD,
and he will give you your heart's desires.
Commit everything you do to the LORD.
Trust him, and he will help you.
Psalm 37:3-5

Psalm 90:17
May the favor of the Lord our God rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes, establish the work of our hands.
Psalm 90:17

No comments: