Tuesday, November 17, 2015

God is WAY Smarter than I Will EVER Be!

Numbers 2:1-2

Then the Lord gave these instructions to Moses and Aaron, "When the Israelites set up camp, each tribe will be assigned to it's own area. The tribal divisions will camp beneath their family banners on all four sides of the Tabernacle, but at some distance from it."

Lord, I'm thinking that ONLY you could have come up with such a brilliant plan. According to the footnotes in my Bible, this plan accomplished about 5 different things all in one amazing strategy. It made governing the people easier. It simplified the task of dividing the promised land. It was already part of their culture to identify with the name of their tribe. It made keeping genealogies easier. And it made traveling more organized.

Since you were able to provide such an elegant and wise plan for the Israelites, I know that you can handle any difficulty I have. In fact, you are far more capable of running and managing my life than I am. Please help me to keep you in control. Let me know anytime I grab the reins from you. I don't always realize when I'm doing it. Please also remind me when I'm listening to any other voice but yours. In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: