Monday, November 2, 2015

I'm Called To Deny Myself Daily

Leviticus 16:2
The Lord said to Moses, "Warn your brother, Aaron, not to enter the Most Holy Place behind the inner curtain whenever he chooses. If he does, he will die. For the Ark's cover - the place of atonement - is there, and I myself am present in the cloud above the atonement cover."


Praise God, the way is now open for us who have applied the blood of Jesus Christ to our lives to enter God's presence any time! However, with great privilege comes great responsibility. The Israelites were told to deny themselves one day out of the year, on the day of atonement.

Leviticus 16:29
On the tenth day of the appointed month in early autumn, you must deny yourselves. Neither native-born Israelites nor foreigners living among you may do any kind of work. This is a permanent law for you. On that day offerings of purification will be made for you, and you will be purified in the Lord's presence from all your sins.

Jesus called those who follow him to deny ourselves and take up our cross DAILY.

Luke 9:23 NIV
Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me."

It is not a life of comfort and ease Christ has called us to, but a life of suffering. We are able to endure the suffering because Christ is with us, and we know there is an eternity of comfort of ease waiting for us!! Praise you, Lord Jesus!! I love you and I can't wait to see you face to face! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:19-21
Understand this, my dear brothers and sisters. You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. Human anger does not produce the righteousness God desires. So get rid of all the filth and evil in your lives, and humbly accept the word God has planted in your hearts, for it has the power to save your souls.
James 1:19-21

Psalm 19:12-14
How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
Cleanse me from these hidden faults.
Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
Don't let them control me.
Then I will be free of gilt
and innocent of great sin.
May the words of my mouth
and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,
O LORD my rock and my redeemer.
Psalm 19:12-14

No comments: