Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Let's Celebrate Our Escape From Slavery!

Numbers 9:2-3

"Tell the Israelites to celebrate the Passover at the prescribed time, at twilight on the fourteenth day of the first month. Be sure to follow all my decrees and regulations concerning this celebration."

This celebration was a commemoration of the Israelites' escape from slavery in Egypt. God wanted them to follow his instructions because everything in this celebration points to Yeshua's death on the cross.

Then at his last Passover, Yeshua instituted a new celebration to commemorate our escape from slavery to sin. The Passover was no longer necessary because the event it was pointing to was eminent. The Passover looked forward to Yeshua. Communion looks back at his death with thankfulness and praise, while also looking forward to his soon return.

Lord, help me to celebrate my escape from slavery to sin everyday, whether with communion or not. I can celebrate by living for you and striving to always follow the direction of your Holy Spirit.

Please guide and direct me today. Help me to make the most of the short time you have given me here on this earth. I love and praise you! In Jesus' name, amen. <3

MEMORY VERSES
James 1:26-27
If you claim to be religious but don't control your tongue, you are fooling yourself, and your religion is worthless. Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the Father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you.
James 1:26-27

Jeremiah 24:6-7
"I will watch over and care for them, and bring them back here again. I will build them up and not tear them down. I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them hearts that recognize me as the LORD. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me wholeheartedly."
Jeremiah 24:6-7

No comments: