Friday, April 24, 2015

Hell Is a Real Place

Psalm 119:133
Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.
Psalm 119:133

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 3:11-12
I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am--so much greater that I'm not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. He is ready to separate the chaff from the wheat with his winnowing fork. Then he will clean up the threshing area, gathering the wheat into his barn but burning the chaff with never ending fire.

John the Baptist was the original fire and brimstone preacher. He warned people to repent or face an eternity of never ending fire. Hell is a very real place.

Revelation 20:14-15
Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

 

Anyone who hasn't had their name recorded in the Book of Life or accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior will  be thrown into the lake of fire at the last Judgement. God doesn't want any humans to suffer this fate.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

You entrusted the gospel to us to share with others. This is a grave responsibility which we all too often neglect. People all around us are headed to a Christless eternity in a place of never ending torment. We have the only message that can prevent them from going there. Yet, we are too afraid to open our mouths and tell them. If we could really get a handle on the reality of hell, then we would feel an urgency to share the gospel with everyone.


Lord, please brand an image of hell into my mind and give me an urgency to share the gospel. Please give me opportunities to share and courage to speak. Put your words into my mind as I share. Remind me of all the verses that I am working so hard to memorize, because it's only your words that can draw people to you and guide them to salvation. In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: