Thursday, April 30, 2015

Lord, If You Are Willing

Psalm 119:133
Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.
Psalm 119:133

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 8:2
Suddenly, a man with leprosy approached him and knelt before him. "Lord," the man said, "if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean."

I love this man's faith and humility. He had no doubt that Jesus could heal him. He knew that all it needed was for Jesus to want to. I think all too often I approach you, Lord, like a spiritual vending machine. I just pop in a prayer and out comes whatever I want, or so I think. I forget to seek your will. Even Jesus prayed for YOUR will rather than his own.

Luke 22:42
"Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

Even when I do pray for your will, too often what I really want is my own. Lord, help me to really and truly, deep down want your will instead of my own.

2 Samuel 22:31
God's way is perfect. All the LORD'S promises prove true. He is a shield for all who look to him for protection.


No comments: