Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Weight Loss Wednesday

I had to take some time off from working out this past week. I'm now back into my routine full force. Monday was difficult as my body had gotten used to being lazy again. My legs were very uncooperative and clumsy. But I got it done!

Yesterday, I did my workout and it was much easier. Then a really strange thing happened. After I was showered and rested from my workout, I began to feel as if I hadn't done enough. Like I needed to sweat more and burn more calories. I had to remind myself that I HAD sweat quite profusely while working out and had burned my share of calories for the day.

I'm an obsessive compulsive person. In fact, I've been diagnosed as OCD. So I can easily see myself going overboard with exercising and end up abusing my body rather than helping it. So I turned to some friends and asked them to hold me accountable to not over do it. One of these friends has lost over 80 lbs in the last couple of years by putting her love for Jesus Christ before her love of food. Another of these friends is a certified fitness trainer and also loves Jesus. And last but certainly never least are my 2 best friends who I share almost everything with, one of whom is my husband.

I chatted with my fitness trainer friend on the phone today and she helped me to come up with a smart plan for my workout schedule. She suggested 4-5 hrs of working out a week while including a healthy balanced diet eating foods that are as natural as possible. She likes to say that the closer it is to how God made it, the better it is for you.

So I plan to workout Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for an hour. Wednesday and Sunday will be my rest days to allow my muscles to heal from the damage I cause on the other days. I'm finding it hard not to do my workout today. Believe it or not, I'm actually beginning to enjoy working out!!!

I'm excited to report that our homeschool curriculum has added a new feature which will allow me to make assignments for my kids. I've been wishing for this for a long time. This is going to make it SO much easier for me to keep up with monitoring what my kids are doing in school and making sure they are doing what they need to be doing. Who knows? They may actually even conquer those dolch words that they are constantly asking me how to spell!

No comments: