Thursday, December 15, 2011

Holiday Spelling

At this time of the year many of us are looking for ways to tie our teaching into the holidays. There are tons of ways to do this and even a term for doing this. It's called "Christmas Schooling". Have you thought of giving your kids Christmas words for spelling during this season? If you have trouble coming up with words to use, check out the monthly holiday lists on www.SpellingCity.com.

For the rest of the year there are popular word lists to inspire you. One of my favorite new features on www.SpellingCity.com is the new assignments feature. This is one of the many features available to Premium Members only. I love being able to set up assignments for each of my kids for a week or two at a time. Then on their lesson plan I simply tell them to check the assignment when they log into www.SpellingCity.com. It also keeps track for me when the assignments are completed. Talk about making things easy for the teacher!!

No comments: