Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Year's Reflections

This week leading up to the change to a new year is one of reflection for me. I'm thinking about things I'd like to accomplish in this brand new, unblemished year. Loosing weight is always a given for me. I would also like to see less 'clutter' around my home.  I'd love to organize all my yarn and have it neater and more accessible.
There are actually bins inside there with yarn in them! When I want to look for a specific color I have to unload all this other stuff. LOL

Yeah, I guess this doesn't look too bad, but I would like to have it more neat and organized.

It would be great if the kid's rooms could be cleaner as well. This is going to take some participation from mom, I'm sure. 

Another thing that really adds to the 'clutter' around here are books. Like most homeschoolers, I have a weakness for books! However, we have been getting used to using our Kindle more so there is less need to have actual books sitting around. One of my favorite things about doing school online is that I don't have the need to keep bulky curriculum around. Homeschool statistics show that we are not alone in this trend of using fewer books.

My daughter has two large bookshelves that we moved into her room when we started re-doing our kitchen. I still have curriculum on them that I'm hoping to sell this coming year. Fashionista wants to store some of her things on these bookshelves instead. We'll have to wait and see about that.

No comments: