Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Making Progress!!

Did you notice my new weight loss ticker?? The reason I used a turtle as the marker, is to remind myself that "slow and steady wins the race!" I think that is my new mantra! As I've said before, "I'm in this for the long haul." 


Sometimes the long haul seems like just too long to me. Can I get an "AMEN"? That's why I allow myself to have treats once in a while. I'm looking for lower carb, lower calorie, healthier options for my treats. It's encouraging that I've lost 3 pounds since last week! Woohoo! All my hard work IS paying off!



I've been using the new activity scheduler on Time4Learning.
So glad that they have it now, but I do hope that they do some updating to it. My kids seem to be having a tough time following the printouts I get from the scheduler. One simple, but important thing I've learned that I need to do, is staple the pages of each child's schedule. Otherwise, they get them all out of order and may even end up with someone else's pages mixed into their own. Fashionista actually did her brother's assignments the other day because she grabbed the wrong schedule. All in all, this is proving to be a better option for us than umbrella schools.


Romeo (the green one) & Juliet (the yellow one)


We just had someone come to our house to teach me how to trim my bird's nails and beak. Romeo's beak was getting a bit too long and I was worried about it. It took me a while to find someone to help. But God is good and even provided someone who could come to our house! Being a one vehicle family doesn't make getting out to do these things easy!



1 comment:

Kerry said...

Love your new weight loss ticker and your turtle...I need the "slow and steady" reminder too!!