Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I Don't Wanna Be The Teacher!!!!

Have you ever had one of these weeks? This is only our third week of being back to school and already, I'm tired of prodding kids to do schoolwork and checking numerous times to make sure it was actually done after one declares that they finished. I know much of it has to do with the fact that I'm just not feeling well. All I'm wanting to do is sleep because my body is so overwhelmed with what is making me feel icky. This is one of those weeks when teacher resources can be a lifesaver! I'm taking things as easy as a mom can when they are homeschooling 3 kids. I keep telling myself that next week I should be feeling much better and things will go much more smoothly. I'm so thankful for like minded friends who encourage me to keep at it!

As you may have guessed, I haven't done much running this week either. I did run Monday. Over the weekend I had mapped out a route for 5k, but I realized this morning that I haven't been running the full route I'd planned. Somehow I got it into my head that I was to turn down one street when I'm supposed to go further down to another street before I turn. This is really going to make my training a challenge! And I thought I was challenging myself before!

At least I finally have music to run to. I got some new ear buds that are made just for runners. I LOVE them!! I've been listening to stuff like, Newsboys, Toby Mac, DC Talk, and the worship band from my church. All very upbeat stuff. Loving the way this music puts my thoughts on my Lord first thing and sets the tone for my day! Of course, I make it my habit to spend time in the Word before I even put my running shoes on. The music I'm listening to also helps me to remember that I'm doing this for God's glory, not my own.

No comments: