Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Day 16

Only 5 days left to my fast, counting today. I keep having to remind myself that I WILL get to eat again. I hope that in addition to teaching my flesh that it can't have everything it wants, my children are getting an example in staying with something even when it is hard.

Character development is one of the main things we strive for in our Christian homeschool. Most days I don't feel like I'm making any headway in this area. Constantly dealing with self-absorbed teenagers and one preteen can be quite discouraging. Once in a while I see glimpses of selflessness, like RoboBoy making breakfast for his sister this morning. Maybe there IS hope for these kids yet!

1 comment:

more of Jesus, less of Michele said...

Wow! That went by fast, although I'm sure it didn't seem that way to you! You ARE making headway. You're depending on God, you're reining in your flesh, and you're teaching your kids what it means to be Godly. And they're learning, apparently. None of this is instant. You're doing great! Keep it up! I'm proud of you!