Thursday, February 9, 2012

Day 18

I finally broke 164! That sure was one stubborn pound!! This means that I've officially lost 10 lbs during this fast. I expect to gain some of that back when I start eating again though.

Speaking of eating again! I start my transition days tomorrow. I've already started having yogurt to repopulate the good bacteria in my digestive system. Last night I made a smoothie which included yogurt for my dinner. I'm still looking forward to eating again, but I seem to be less hungry than I've been.

I found out yesterday that a dear friend of mine has started a juice fast with her neighbor and her husband. Theirs is different from the one I'm doing. It will consist of 5 transition days eating only raw fruits and veggies, followed by 5 days of juicing, then another 5 transition days. She told me that her neighbor, who is morbidly overweight, (is that an official term??) has lost 12 lbs in the first few days. I say, "Go, team, go!!"

Starting Weight: 173
Current Weight: 163

2 comments:

more of Jesus, less of Michele said...

Congratulations, Dee! I'm proud of you for sticking with it!

The term is morbidly obese, and that's what I was at my heaviest weight.

Unknown said...

Michele, apparently this guy is 500 something. I doubt very seriously that you were EVER that big. I'm really glad that my friend is able to help this guy though. I can't even imagine being that large. It must be absolutely miserable.