Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Hanging Out with RoboBoy

I'm still going sloooowly down in my weight. It's a struggle not to want to focus on doing all I can to make the numbers go down more quickly. I love what my dear friend said about that recently on Facebook.
I was reading 2 Chronicles 14 last night and here's how The Message renders that verse: "O God, you aren't impressed by numbers..."
No, God's not impressed by (in this case) the number of soldiers marching against His people. Nor is he impressed by the number on my scale or the number of pounds I can report having lost. God is impressed with whether or not I trust Him to provide what I need when I need it and not try to get it for myself. 
I'm the one who's impressed by a lower number on my scale or on the tags of my clothes. 
Then God reminded me that I don't live for myself. This isn't about me. It's about Him.
I think my friend Michele has got the right attitude here! Lord, please help me to have that same attitude!

As our church is getting ready to host our annual VBS Day Camp, my two oldest are going to help with decorating during the day. Actually they are preparing all the decorations which will be put up closer to the week of VBS. We have quite a large church so there are a LOT of areas to cover. This afternoon it was just my youngest and the pets here at home. We had gotten a few chores done, so RoboBoy and I decided to play a bit of Minecraft together. It was fun to just hang out with him doing something that he loves.

By the way, in my opinion, that is a GREAT way to foster internet safety for kids. Get involved with the things they like to do online so you will know what they are up to. By doing this you may also help them to see potential problem areas that they might otherwise not recognize.

If you have younger kids who you are just now teaching how to behave on the internet, you might want to check out the preschool games on Learning Games For Kids. There are lots of fun games that your little one and you can play with out worrying about accidentally seeing something offensive.

2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the website for little ones. I am starting to plan for my little K-3 DD.

I wanted to drop by and nominate you for the Versatile Blogger award! You can go to learning-4-keeps.blogspot.com to pick it up!

Hope you are having a great week!