Saturday, January 8, 2011

Another Beautiful Day!

It was another beautiful day today! Our high today was only 66 degrees!! We had the windows open and the air turned off. If only our weather could be this nice all the time, with an occasional rain storm. After all, we have to have rain.

MyHero has been working hard for many weekends now on our house. We have, or should I say HAD a screened in porch at the back of our house. When we had a puppy several years ago, she discovered a small rip in one of the screens and that was pretty much the end of the screens! It was just as well because MyHero ended having to remove the roof from our porch, as well as the sofits and facia boards from where the roof was attached. Apparently the roof hadn't been installed properly and the sofits and facia boards were all rotted and there were carpenter ants infesting them. He's been working hard to replace all those things. Today we worked on reinstalling the facia boards.
MyHero and I working on the facia boards.

I also worked on some laundry. It was a perfect day to put my new clothes line to work!
I was on the phone talking with my dad, (my mom and dad live in another state, whaaaa!) when the clothes were dry and ready to take down. RoboBoy was complaining about being bored so I told him to go out and take down the laundry. He did a great job with that!

Oh, I also got in a great workout today! I decided to try the EA Active for Wii game to see what kind of a workout it gives. It wasn't bad. Much better than the Wii Fit, in my opinion. You just have to make sure that you have the controller pointed where they are looking for it to be pointed or they figure you are not actually doing the movement. Takes a little bit to get used to and figure out where they are wanting you to point those controllers. It was a pretty good workout though. Especially considering how out of shape I am! I followed that up with 15 mins on the eliptical.

So I think it's safe to say that we've had a pretty productive Saturday!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the clothes line! I need one like that too.