Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Diliberately Oblivious?

Warning!! I'm about to get political on you!

My Hero and I watched a documentary on Streaming Netflix last night. It was made by a team that snuck into North Korea with a eye surgeon who had a goal of doing 1000 cataract surgeries in 10 days. It seems that North Korea has one of the highest incidents of blindness due to cataracts in the world. Because of their poor diet, even young people get them and go blind due to them.

This team had to have people follow them everywhere they went to keep an eye and make sure they didn't do anything wrong. It was really freaky to see how the North Koreans actually worship their "Dear Leader", Kim Jong-il. There are pictures of him all over the place which people bow to.
 There are concentration camps throughout the country where people can be sent for simply questioning the regime. Not only the person who dared to speak out against their dictatorship, but their entire family will be sent to a prison camp!

I think what was most chilling was at the end of the documentary when the surgery recipiants were having their bandages removed. As each realized they were able to see, some for the first time in years, they didn't thank the doctor who had performed the surgury. No, instead they went and worshipped and praised the image of Kim Jong-il! One after another they went forward to give the credit and praise to this absolute dictator for giving them their sight back. Both MyHero and I couldn't help but wonder how many of them were doing that simply out of fear. Then the narrator said that she realized that sincere worship and fear had become the same thing in North Korea.

After we turned the show off, MyHero and I were talking about what we'd seen and relateing it to what is happening here in the U.S. with Obamacare. He brought up the "Death Panel" discussion, (I'm not sure where I stand yet on whether this is true or not, but it would NOT surprise me!). The thought for those of you who, like me, don't watch the news and therefore basically live under a rock, is that our government wants to set up a panel of people who will decide who gets to live and who doesn't in any given healthcare emergency. The point here is not whether this is true or not, but that Americans will actually go right along with things like this without hesitation.

So I was pondering this as I went to sleep and wondering why that is. My first thought was that Americans, just like the North Koreans are being brainwashed. The difference is that we are being brainwashed by the liberal media. But then it occured to me, that's not the whole truth. The other part of it is that we Americans are just too busy to care! We are deliberately oblivious! That's why we allow ourselves to be spoonfed our opinions by the liberal media.

If I didn't know WHO is actually in control of all the governments and leaders of this world, I would be terrified that America could end up looking just like North Korea! But praise God, for holding all of this in His hands!!!

No comments: