Monday, January 3, 2011

My Times are in His Hands!

I spent the last couple of days mostly in bed due to a migraine that just wouldn't go away. Normally I have a prescription that I can take to deal with these migraines and it does what the over-the-counter meds can't. Our health insurance has decided however that I should only be allowed to have 2 migraines in a month. That would be great if only my body would cooperate!

I was feeling angry and cheated out of the first two days of my new year. Then I was reading through my friend's posts on Face Book and one of them had posted this verse: Psalm 31: 14 But I trust in you, LORD;
   I say, “You are my God.”
15 My times are in your hands;
   deliver me from the hands of my enemies,
   from those who pursue me.
16 Let your face shine on your servant;
   save me in your unfailing love.
17 Let me not be put to shame, LORD,
   for I have cried out to you;


She had posted it in a different version and not all these verses, but it really spoke to me. As hard as it is for me to understand, NONE of this was a surprise to God. His ways are higher than mine. He has a reason for allowing this in my life.

Lord, please help me to remember this. I cry out to You and put my trust in YOU. I pray that You will give me wisdom in how to deal with these migraines when they hit.

No comments: