Saturday, December 25, 2010

Germaphobia!

I'm having to put bleach in my dish and rinse water, let my dishes soak for one minute and then air dry. All that because of this: 
http://www.tampabay.com/news/environment/water/pinellas-residents-cope-with-massive-water-pipe-break-over-holiday-weekend/1141901

There was a major water main break in the pipes that give us our water supply. At least we didn't have to go without water or even loose water pressure like lots of other people did.


It's still driving me crazy though. Why?? Because I'm a major germaphobe! The thought that I can wash my hands and still not be clean is almost more than I can take! And I wash my hands A LOT! I'm coping by keeping a bowl of bleach water handy.


The sad thing is that RoboBoy is developing the same germaphobia that I have. He may actually be worse than me, if that's possible! Well, come to think of it, I was worse as a kid. I've had to learn to let go of some of my germ issues. Having babies will do that to you. Can you imagine being a germaphobe trying to potty train a toddler?? They put their little hands on the side of the toilet to hold themselves up. Then you have to help them get their clothes back on while they put those little hands all over your arms for support! Ack!! Can I take a shower now??? Ok, so I'm still pretty bad. I'm going to go wash my hands now!

No comments: