Thursday, January 19, 2012

Love to see Them Read!

Yesterday my kids were discussing one of their favorite books. My kids have fallen in love with the Percy Jackson Series. It's fun to listen to them and know that by reading these books they are improving their vocabulary and reading skills.


My daughter was reading one of the "Little House" books yesterday as well. It warms my heart to see my kids reading and to know that I taught them that skill!


My hubby and I started watching a documentary on the public school system the other night. One of the things they were talking about is the perpetuation of generations of kids who can't read at grade level. Many of these kids are not even offered the chance to improve their skills with remedial reading programs. Makes me very sad. We were too tired to finish watching the documentary so didn't see what the conclusions or offered solutions were. However, the bit that we did see only served to strengthen our resolve to continue homeschooling our children.

No comments: