Tuesday, January 27, 2015

A Living Sacrifice

Genesis 47

"You have saved our lives," they said. "May we find favor in the eyes of our lord; we will be in bondage to Pharaoh." 
Genesis 47:25

These people were willing to be slaves to a mere human. How much more should I be willing to be in bondage to Jesus Christ! All Pharaoh did was save their bodies and he only did that through Joseph. Christ saved my very soul from an eternity of pure, unceasing torment.

I praise you, Jesus for giving your life so that my soul could be saved! I want to be your bondservant for the rest of my life! Jesus, I give myself to you as a living sacrifice. May I be holy and acceptable to you. Amen!

And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice -- the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:1-2 NLT

No comments: