Thursday, February 12, 2015

Come and Talk With Me

This week's memory verses:
Psalm 27:8
My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk with Me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

Psalm 77:1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Psalm 77:1

The one thing I ask of the LORD -- the thing I seek most -- is to live in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, delighting in the LORD's perfections and meditating in his Temple.
Psalm 27:4

Lord, I want to live in your house (your presence) all the days of my life. I want to delight in your perfections and meditate in your Temple. Lord, I am your Temple. I can delight in your perfections and meditate in your Temple by memorizing your Word and thinking about it.

Lord, I also want to learn how to do temple maintenance rather than baggage maintenance. Help me learn to come to you and tell you everything I am feeling instead of holding it in and stuffing it down. Or even worse, running to tell a friend or posting it on Facebook.

Lord, you want me to share ALL my feelings with you, the good, the bad and the ugly, just as I would with a trusted friend. Indeed, YOU are my most trusted friend!! You will never leave me or share any of my secrets. You can't be infected by my ugly attitudes and thoughts about other people the way a human can. You want to help me get all that disgusting nastiness out so that I can be free. I praise you for that!

My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." My heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

No comments: