Thursday, February 26, 2015

Pray with an Alert Mind

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.
Romans 12:2

Lamentations 3:37
Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?
Lamentations 3:37

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Colossians 4:2
Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.

Lord, you know that I struggle with this. When I pray my mind seems to wander all over the place. I do have a "want to" which I know you can use. Maybe journaling is the solution. Writing down my prayers seems to help me to stay more focused. I think I need to be making sure that I am journaling daily. I have become rather lax about it of late. I think I need a separate prayer journal that doesn't get published. That way I can be more open and honest about my thoughts. What do you think about that Lord? Or do I just need to utilize this one more fully? Thank you for showing me this need and giving me a solution. Please help me as I figure out how to put this into practice. I love you Jesus! In your name I pray, Amen.


No comments: