Saturday, February 7, 2015

Triumph Over Sin

This week's memory verses:
Psalm 27:8
My heart has heard You say, "Come and talk with Me," and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

Psalm 77:1
I cry out to God without holding back.
Psalm 77:1

Romans 5

For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God's wonderful grace and his gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one man, Jesus Christ.
Romans 5:17

I am SO thankful for this astonishing gift from God!! I can live in triumph over sin! I don't have to live in Romans 7:18-24 anymore! I can do more than just survive; I can THRIVE!

So how am I able to do this? By realizing that all my sin begins in my mind. When I start to recognize the voices that are clamoring for my attention, then I can learn to stop listening to the wrong voices and tune in to Jesus' voice instead. Those other voices are usually my sinful nature or messengers from the enemy. All they bring is death. Jesus' voice ALWAYS brings life and peace.

So dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and it's evil deeds, you will live. For all who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

No comments: