Friday, February 20, 2015

It All Starts in the Mind

This week's memory verses:

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect His will really is.
Romans 12:2

Lamentations 3:37
Can anything happen without the Lord's permission?
Lamentations 3:37

James 1:14-15
Temptation comes from our own desires, which entice us and drag us away. These desires give birth to sinful actions. And when sin is allowed to grow, it gives birth to death.

Lord, I thank you for verses like this that expose the source of temptation. It all starts in the mind. Satan likes to use temptation to fascinate and then assassinate! Lord, I can't battle temptation on my own. I need you to change my mind - the way I think - according to your truth, then right behavior will follow. Please show me when I'm listening to any other voice besides yours. I want to only do what you want me to do. 

Lord, I want to saturate myself with your Word! I want to read and memorize and think on it to the point that it leaks out of me and encourages others! Not only will it encourage others, but it will change me. It will transform me into a new person. It will change the way I think. It will allow me to live the way you want me to and have victory over sin.

Lord, I praise you for giving us your Word!! I praise you for how you are helping me to memorize my verses. Please help me to continue to be disciplined in this practice. I love you SO much!! In Jesus' Powerful Name I pray. Amen!

Romans 12:2
Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will know what God wants you to do and you will know how good and pleasing and perfect his will really is.

No comments: