Friday, February 13, 2015

Lord, I am Coming!

This week's memory verses:

Romans 8:12-14
So, dear brothers and sisters you have no obligation whatsoever to do what your sinful nature urges you to do. For if you keep on following it, you will perish. But if through the power of the Holy Spirit, you turn from it and its evil deeds, you will live. For all who are let by the Spirit of God are children of God.
Romans 8:12-14

Isaiah 1:18
"Come now, and let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are as scarlet, they will be white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, they will be like wool."
Isaiah 1:18 (NASB)

Psalm 42

As the deer longs for springs of water, so I long for you, O God. I thirst for God, the living God. When can I go and stand before him?
Psalm 42:1-2

Lord, my soul praises you! Because of what Jesus did on the cross I get to come to you anytime and all the time.

My heart has heard you say, "Come and talk with me." and my heart responds, "Lord, I am coming."
Psalm 27:8

I'm so glad that I get to have a relationship with the living God! You interact with me when I make a habit of talking to you. When all I did was read my Bible so I could check it off my schedule and "played" Christian, my soul missed out on meeting with the living God. It was a one way relationship where I was doing pretty much all of the talking but I rarely stopped to hear what you had to say.

Lord, truly nothing in this world can satisfy the longings, deep thirsts and cravings of my soul. You are the only one who can do that. Spending time in your presence either alone or with one or two or a whole group of other believers is better than the most fun or relaxing earthly experience I can think of. I always come away refreshed, refocused and ready to again face the world with you leading and guiding me.

I thank you, Lord, for what you are teaching me. Please continue to show me how to live this life you have given me! I belong to you, Jesus Christ, body, mind and soul!
Amen

No comments: