Friday, March 6, 2015

Lord, I want to hear YOU

Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grave vines are all in blossom.
Song of Solomon 2:15

1 Peter 2:21-23
This suffering is all part of what God has called you to. Christ, who suffered for you, is your example. Follow in his steps. He never sinned, and He never deceived anyone. He did not retaliate when He was insulted. When He suffered, He did not threaten to get even. He left His case in the hands of God, who always judges fairly.
1 Peter 2:21-23

Micah 6:8
No, O people, the Lord has told you what is good, and this is what he requires of you: to do what is right, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
Micah 6:8

Psalm 143:8-12
Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting in you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you.
Rescue me from my enemies, LORD;
I run to you to hide me.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
May your gracious Spirit lead me forward
on a firm footing.
For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life.
Because of your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies
and destroy all my foes,
for I am your servant.

Lord, this is my prayer! I want to hear of your unfailing love each morning. I praise your name that you want to tell me of your unfailing love every day! All I have to do is open up my Bible and it is full of your unfailing love for me and the whole world.

Lord, I pray that you will show me where to walk. I do give myself to you. Lord, I know that you ache to have me listen to you so that you CAN show me where to walk. Psalm 81:13-14 But OH that My people would listen to me. Oh that they would follow me, walking in my paths! How quickly I would then subdue their enemies! How soon my hands would be on their foes. 

You want to rescue me from my enemies. Lord, my main enemies are my sinful nature and all the other voices that try so hard to drown out your voice. They don't want me to hear from you. But Lord, I run to you to hide m. Teach me to do your will, for you are my God. Your Spirit will lead me forward on firm footing.

For the glory of your name, O LORD, preserve my life. These other voices only want to bring me death and destruction. I know that you will be faithful to bring me out of this distress. In your unfailing love, silence all my enemies! Help me to only listen to your voice. Please show me when I'm hearing any other voice but yours. I know that there will come a time when all these other voices will be silenced and destroyed forever. But until then, use them to train me to come running to you! I am your servant. In Jesus powerful name I pray! Amen.


No comments: