Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Building My House on The ROCK

Psalm 119:133
Guide my steps by your word, so I will not be overcome by evil.
Psalm 119:133

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 7:24-25
"Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock. Though the rain comes in torrents and the floodwaters rise and the winds beat against that house, it won't collapse because it is built on bedrock"

Jesus, I want to be wise and follow what you teach. I want to build my house on the ROCK that can never be moved.

2 Samuel 22:2-3
The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.

2 Samuel 22:32
For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock?




Jesus, in doing what you taught I find my safety and sanity. Your way is perfect and all your promises prove true. 2 Samuel 22:31

2 Timothy 2:19
But God's truth stands firm like a foundation stone with this inscription: "The LORD knows those who are his," and "All who belong to the LORD must turn away from evil."

Isaiah 52:11
Get out! Get out and leave your captivity, where everything you touch is unclean. Get out of there and purify yourselves, you who carry home the sacred objects of the LORD.

I am no longer a captive to my sinful nature! You are calling me to come out of my captivity and purify myself by turning away from evil. I am now one of your sacred objects. Help me to keep myself pure by turning from evil and doing what you instruct in your word.

Lord, I am overwhelmed by how you have spoken to me once again in a fresh way using a verse that has long been familiar to me. You are awesome and mighty and worthy of all praise! You are the ROCK that is higher than I! In Jesus' powerful and mighty Name, amen.

No comments: