Sunday, April 19, 2015

Good Intentions

Psalm 44:5
Only by your power can we push back our enemies;
only in your name can we trample our foes.
Psalm 44:5

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 19:7-8
So Moses returned from the mountain and called together the elders of the people and told them everything the LORD had commanded him. And all the people responded together, "We will do everything the LORD has commanded." So Moses brought the people's answer back to the LORD.

It's much easier to say that we will do everything that the LORD has commanded than it is to actually do it. When life presses in and those other voices urge us do to what our sinful nature wants, it can be all too easy to give in. It's then that I need to turn to you, LORD for help. I need to press on to know you because that is what will equip me to have the strength to turn to you. It will also help me to know the other voices from yours.

Psalm 86:11
Teach me your ways, O LORD, 
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
So that I may honor you.

After I published this post, I listened to the message for today from our church. It compliments this post so well that I had to add it here:  Bold Witnesses For Christ

No comments: