Wednesday, April 15, 2015

I'm in Training

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 16:27-28
Some of the people went out anyway on the seventh day, but they found no food. The LORD asked Moses, "How long will these people refuse to obey my commands and instructions?"

Lord, you probably ask the same thing about me at times. My spirit is willing but my body is weak!

Matthew 26:14
"Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak."

It seems to me that the Israelites were in training, learning how to follow you. They started out simple learning to collect the manna on six days and then rest on the seventh day. Then you gave them the law and they needed priests to help them understand how to follow it. But we can never keep the law, that's why you sent Jesus.

I'm in the same sort of training. You use my daily trials and temptations to train me to continually turn to you. You are training me to put my trust in you and nothing else. You are training me to watch and pray, so that I will not give in to temptation.
John 14:26
But when the Father sends the Advocate as my representative - that is, the Holy Spirit - he will teach you everything and will remind you of everything I have told you.

Lord, it's only through your Spirit that I can resist temptation. Please continue to guide and train me! In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments: