Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Your Healing Power

Psalm 44:5
Only by your power can we push back our enemies;
only in your name can we trample our foes.
Psalm 44:5

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Luke 6:19
Everyone tried to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and he healed everyone.

Lord, you showed me a new perspective on this today that I've never really thought of. You are the one who created the heavens and the earth. You created the human race and you uniquely designed each one of our bodies. So you are the Great Physician. This I knew.

But what hadn't occurred to me is that Jesus had all that same power and as your child I also have access to it. Not that I can make commands and have you heal everyone and anyone. It's still up to your discretion. But I can make requests, knowing that the power who created the universe is able to do what I ask if it is your will to do it.

This just adds yet another layer to my faith. Please keep adding layer after layer until I'm so wrapped in faith that no doubt can get through. In Jesus' Name, amen.

No comments: