Monday, April 13, 2015

The LORD Himself Will Fight For You

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 14:13-14
But Moses told the people, "Don't be afraid. Just stand still and watch the LORD rescue you today. The Egyptians you see today will never be seen again. The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm."

Lord, you had already been fighting for them. Just like a ravaging army, your plagues had decimated the land of Egypt. You even had the Israelites plunder the Egyptians before they left! The Israelites asked for and the Egyptians willing gave them their gold, silver and other valuables.

This battle at the Red Sea was the final rout of the Egyptians. And you, LORD, did it all. The Israelites had only to trust and obey.

The Israelites could do nothing for themselves anyway. While they were still in Egypt, they were so sorely oppressed that they were completely unable to defend themselves. At the Red Sea they were trapped. Pharaoh's army could have easily defeated them. But YOU were fighting for Israel.

Romans 8:31
If God is for us, who can ever be against us?

Lord, I thank you that even in the times when my enemy seems to have beaten me so down that I have no strength left to defend myself, YOU fight for me! When it seems that I am trapped and there is no way out of my difficulties, you will make a way where there was no way. My part is just to trust and obey. In Jesus Name, amen.


 

No comments: