Wednesday, April 8, 2015

The Reason For the Plagues

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 10:2
I've also done it so you can tell your children and grandchildren about how I made a mockery of the Egyptians and about the signs I displayed among them - and so you will know that I am the LORD.

This world tries to make a mockery of you, Lord. But just like with the Egyptians, you will have the final victory, indeed you have already won!

The scenes of the plagues on Egypt make me think of the plagues that will be poured out on the entire world in the tribulation. The reason that you display these signs among us is so that people might see and know that you are the LORD - present to act.

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.

I praise you, Lord, for your mercy! I thank you for giving me time to repent. I pray for those who have yet to repent. Please display your signs among them so that they will know that you are the LORD - present to act in salvation! In Jesus' Name, amen.

No comments: