Tuesday, April 7, 2015

He Has Shown Us His Power

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 9:14-16
Then you will know that there is no one like me in all the earth. By now I could have lifted my hand and struck you and your people with a plague to wipe you off the face of the earth. But I have spared you for a purpose - to show you my power and to spread my fame throughout the earth.

LORD, I thank you for showing us your power through your Son! There is no one like you in all the earth! You could at any time wipe the earth of the human race and simply start over. But you chose to instead show us your power. You didn't spare your only Son but allowed him to die in our place. Your power was truly shown when he rose again defeating death.

You continue to show us your power by helping us to turn from our sinful nature and refuse to do what it urges us to do. Jesus' death and resurrection broke sin's power over us. Hallelujah!!! Now when I am tempted I have a way out. I can run to Jesus instead of giving in to the temptation. Now I have sweet fellowship with my creator. 

No comments: