Friday, April 3, 2015

He is Yahweh!

Deuteronomy 33:26
There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.
Deuteronomy 33:26

Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)
Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying, "This is the way, walk in it."
Isaiah 30:21 (NIV)

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 6:2-5
And God said to Moses, "I am Yahweh - 'the LORD.' I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob as El-Shaddai - 'God Almighty' - but I did not reveal my name, Yahweh to them. And I reaffirmed my covenant with them. Under its terms, I promised to give them the land of Canaan, where they were living as foreigners. You can be sure that I have heard the groans of the people of Israel, who are now slaves to the Egyptians. And I am well aware of my covenant with them.

This seems huge! The first time God reveals his name Yahweh. Israel is discouraged because Pharaoh has increased their workload. Moses seems discouraged as well. So God reveals himself as Yahweh. 

According to Baker's Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology, "The meaning of the name yhwh may best be summarized as 'present to act (usually, but not only) in salvation.' " So God was telling Moses, "I'm here and ready to save you and your people." 

It's so reassuring to know that YOU are always present to act, Lord! Not just on my behalf, but on that of those I love and am praying for. When I am discouraged, please remind me that you are Yahweh! In Jesus Name, amen.

No comments: