Saturday, April 11, 2015

I've Been "Circumcised"

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 12:48-49
But no uncircumcised male may ever eat the Passover meal. This instruction applies to everyone, whether a native-born Israelite or a foreigner living among you.

Here is yet another part of the Passover that points to the Cross. We must apply the blood and we must have our hearts circumcised to participate in the Passover.

Colossians 2:11
When you came to Christ, you were "circumcised" but not by a physical procedure. It was a spiritual procedure - the cutting away of your sinful nature.

Lord, my sinful nature tries to convince me that it is still a part of me. I praise you that it has been cut away and no longer has any power over me! I have been "passed over" and the second death will not touch me! Now I get to spend eternity in heaven with you! I praise YOU for your infinite wisdom. In Jesus' Name, amen. 

No comments: