Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Sweat the Small Stuff! Bring it to God!

Romans 12:1
And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.
Romans 12:1

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Exodus 15:24
Then the people complained and turned against Moses.

Lord, how quick I am to complain and to turn on those I love. Instead of complaining I need to be talking to you about it. Even the small stuff, especially the small stuff. It's the small stuff that builds up and ruins marriages and other relationships.

Lord, please forgive me for being a complainer. Help me to run to you with the small stuff, then if it's necessary, talk to the person who is doing it so that it doesn't cause friction in that relationship.

Lord, I have some relationships that already have years of small stuff built up. Will you show me how to break down those barriers so there can be reconciliation and no more friction?
 
Song of Solomon 2:15
Quick! Catch all the little foxes before they ruin the vineyard of your love, for the grapevines are all in blossom.

Philippians 2:14-15
Do everything without complaining and arguing, so that no one can criticize you. Live clean, innocent lives as children of God, shining like bright lights in a world full of crooked and perverse people.

No comments: