Friday, May 29, 2015

Blood Covenant

Matthew 226:27-28
And he took a cup of wine and gave thanks to God for it. He gave it to them and said, "Each of you drink from it, for this is my blood, which confirms the covenant between God and his people. It is poured out as a sacrifice to forgive the sins of many."

I didn't know that I'm in a blood covenant with my savior! Part of what this means is that everything that belongs to God, now belongs to me. All I have to do is ask. However, on the other hand, all I am and have belongs to God! All he has to do is ask.

In ancient times if a blood covenant partner refused a request of his covenant mate, he could expect to die a horrible death. His family would most likely be killed as well. This blood covenant was taken very seriously.

So every time we take communion, we are reconfirming this blood covenant with Jesus. Jesus gave his blood in our place to confirm this covenant between God and us! 

Thank you, Jesus! Help me to never refuse any request from you as my blood covenant partner! Help me to remember my obligations under this covenant. I praise you!! In Jesus' name, amen.


This Week's Memory Verses
Zechariah 11:11
That was the end of my covenant with them. The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.
Zechariah 11:11

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: