Saturday, May 16, 2015

Protect My Marriage

Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts from the LORD."
Hosea 6:6

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 19:8
Jesus replied, "Moses permitted divorce only as a concession to your hard hearts, but it was not what God had originally intended."

Jesus, may my heart never be that hard. Please protect my marriage. Thank you for the love and friendship my husband and I enjoy. Thank you for getting us the hard times. May our union be an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.

Ephesians 5:31-33
As the Scriptures say, "A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one." This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one. So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

Lord, please teach me how to respect my husband in the way he most needs. Teach me to submit to him as you have called me to.

Ephesians 5:22-24
For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. For a husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. As they church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.

No comments: