Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Weary and Heavy Burdened

Proverbs 6:4
Don't put it off; do it now! Don't rest until you do.
Proverbs 6:4

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 11:28-30
Then Jesus said, "Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.

Oh, Jesus, I am feeling weary today. I'm feeling burdened with a household that seems to have gotten out of control. With 3 teenagers constantly here and a dog, I just don't seem to be able to keep up with all of it. Especially when I've been sick.

Having all that stuff stored in the kitchen is greatly wearing on me. I really need it out of there. But the only other place for it is the garage and MyHero certainly doesn't want it there. Can you please help me to have the energy to haul away what we don't need and find another place for the stuff we do still need?

Often it feels like my kids are out of control too. I don't know how to deal with them anymore. Sometimes I just feel so overwhelmed. Lord, I need you to speak peace to my soul and guide my steps.

Psalm 37:23-24
The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the LORD holds them by the hand.

No comments: