Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Take Up Your Cross Daily

Hosea 6:6
I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 16:24-25
Then Jesus said to his disciples, "If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang on to your live you will loose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it."

Lord, please help me to be willing to turn from my selfish ways! I want to take up my cross and follow you everyday. I want to be willing to loose my life for you, Jesus.

Please help me to be willing to go through pain or humiliation for you. When I step out and share the gospel, I'm likely to encounter both. Give me such a burning need to share you with others that I don't even consider the consequences for myself. In Jesus' name, amen.


In my research for this post I came across another blog that gives another perspective on the cross. I thought it was very encouraging: Darlene's Ponderings -- Take Up Your Cross - Trade With Christ.

No comments: