Saturday, May 9, 2015

Listen to His Teaching

Hosea 6:6
I want you to show love, not offer sacrifices. I want you to know me more than I want burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 13:12
To those who listen to my teaching, more understanding will be given, and they will have an abundance of knowledge.

Lord, this verse comes on the heels of the parable of the four soils. I want to be one on which the seed fell on good, fertile soil. I want to listen to your teaching and put down deep roots. I want to know you and have understanding. Lord, may I always have a soft, teachable heart.

This listening does not come easily to me. I have to take an active part in this. I have to ask you to speak to me and then be willing to take the time to listen. I have to dig deep and go to the verses you bring to my mind. Sometimes I have to search for those verses when I don't know where they are. But you reward my efforts by letting me get to know you more intimately than I did before. You share secrets with me and leave me in awe of who you are.

Psalm 25:14
Friendship with the LORD is reserved for those who fear him. With them he shares the secrets of his covenant.

1 Corinthians 2:10
But we know these things because God has revealed them to us by his Spirit, and his Spirit searches out everything and shows us even God's deep secrets.

Proverbs 2:1-9
My child, listen to me and treasure my instructions. Tune your ears to wisdom, and concentrate on understanding. Cry out for insight and understandingSearch for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure. Then you will understand what it means to fear the LORD, and you will gain knowledge of GodFor the LORD grants wisdom! From his mouth come knowledge and understanding. He grants a treasure of good sense to the godly. He is their shield, protecting those who walk with integrity. He guards the paths of justice and protects those who are faithful to him. Then you will understand what is right, just, and fair, and you will know how to find the right course of action every time.

Actions to Take
Results
listen
understand what it means to fear the Lord
treasure
knowledge of God
concentrate
good sense
cry out
protection
search for
understand what is right, just and fair

know how to find the right course of action every time




No comments: