Saturday, May 30, 2015

Help Me Watch and Pray

Matthew 26:41
"Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak!"

Lord, help me to watch and pray.

Numbers 15:39
"When you see the tassels, you will remember and obey all the commandments of the LORD instead of following your own desires and defiling yourselves, as you are prone to do."

Lord, you know how prone I am to getting sidetracked or distracted and following my own desires thereby defiling myself. Help me to stay alert and aware of temptations that haunt me looking for any chink in my armor. When I'm weakest is when I need to be most vigilant. When I'm tired or not feeling well, that is when temptation will com at me hardest.

Thank you, Lord, that your power in me is stronger than any temptation I face. I just need to cry out to you and you ride across the heavens to help me!

Deuteronomy 33:26
There is no one like the God of Israel. He rides across the heavens to help you, across the skies in majestic splendor.

THIS WEEK'S MEMORY VERSES
Zechariah 11:11
The suffering flock was watching me, and they knew that the LORD was speaking through my actions.
Zechariah 11:11

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: