Tuesday, May 26, 2015

I Am Your Bride

Matthew 24:36
"However, no one knows the day or hour when these things will happen, not even the angels in heaven or the Son himself. Only the Father knows."

John 14:1-3
"Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. There is more than enough room in my Father's home. If this were not so, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? When everything is ready, I will come and get you, so that you will always be with me where I am."






















According to Wildolive.co.uk in ancient Jewish custom, when a couple became betrothed, the groom would tell his bride, "I am going to prepare a place for you," and "I will return for you when it is ready." Most often that place was in his father's house. It was a special honeymoon room. The groom's father would oversee the work on this room. He had to give his OK before the room was considered finished and the groom could collect his bride. If curious friends or family asked the groom when the wedding would be he would answer, "Only my father knows."

Lord, I am part of your bride the church. It thrills my heart to know that you are preparing a special place for me. Help me to always be ready with oil for my lamp, which represents the Holy Spirit. 

Jesus, you gave your very blood as the bride price for me! Help me to keep myself pure and undefiled so that I will be not be ashamed when you come for me. In Jesus' name, amen.


This Week's Memory Verses
Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts from the LORD."
Hosea 6:6

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

No comments: