Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Help Me to be a Servant

Jeremiah 17:5
This is what the LORD says: "Cursed are those who put their trust in mere humans, who rely on human strength and turn their hearts from the LORD."
Hosea 6:6

Romans 1:16 (NIV)
I am not ashamed of the Gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.
Romans 1:16 (NIV)

Matthew 20:26-28
"But among you it will be different. Whoever wants to be a leader among you must be your servant, and whoever wants to be first among you must become your slave. For even the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve others and to give his live as a ransom for many."

Lord, you desire truth in the innermost being, so I'm being brutally honest with myself here. I have a bad habit of wanting others to serve me, especially my family. Please help me to break this habit and be willing to serve my family instead. Please forgive me for my selfishness. Thank you for the example you gave us. Thank you for being willing to serve me! In Jesus' name, amen.

No comments: