Friday, July 3, 2015

Faith vs. the Law? No Faith Completes the Law!

Lord, even before I got into your word this morning you have been speaking to me. I was sitting here on the couch talking to my dear friend on the phone, my pup right here snuggling with me. My parakeet just kept flying over to my dog and pestering him. As a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, he was bred to hunt small birds. So it's his instinct to grab at my bird. He controls it for as long as he can and then he ends up lunging at her. She flies away but then comes right back to taunt him.

After lunging at her, my pup often looks up at me like he is saying, "Moma, do you see what she's doing to me?"

You spoke so clearly to me this morning and told me that this is a picture of what those other voices do to us. They love to pester and taunt us. But we need to keep turning and looking to you, saying, "Daddy, do you see what they are doing to me?"



Romans 3:31
Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

Jesus, it's your Holy Spirit who guides us and helps us to fulfill the law. We can never do that in our own strength. Even so, we often fail. Thank you, that you have given us that holy reset button. We can come to you and confess that we sinned and are sorry. You are always ready and waiting to forgive us and restore that right relationship with you.

1 John 1:9
But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all wickedness.

MEMORY VERSE
2 Chronicles 16:9a
The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.
2 Chronicles 16:9a

No comments: