Wednesday, July 29, 2015

The Carrying Poles of the Ark

Exodus 25:13-15
"Make poles from acacia wood, and overlay them with gold. Insert the poles into the rings at the sides of the Ark to carry it. These carrying poles must stay inside the rings; never remove them."



Cool!! I just saw something that wasn't mentioned in the book I'm using to enhance my study of Exodus 25, (See yesterday's post: Symbolism in the Ark of the Covenant). The carrying poles were made of acacia wood and gold, signifying both Christ's deity and humanity. They were never to be removed from their rings.

It's the combination of Jesus' deity and humanity that carries salvation to us. Without both Jesus' deity and his humanity, we cannot be saved. This cannot be removed from the equation.

Thank you, Holy Spirit, for helping me to see this! I love how this part of the scripture, which has always been so dry for me before, has now come alive. It's like I've entered a hidden cave that is sparkling with precious jewels just waiting for me to mine them!

Lord, your ways are so wonderful! I love and praise you! In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
All Have Sinned
Romans 3:23
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Romans 3:23
All Have Sinned

All Have Sinned
Isaiah 53:6
We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to our own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.
Isaiah 53:6
All Have Sinned

No comments: