Friday, July 10, 2015

I'm Getting a Complete Body Transplant!

Romans 8:18
Yet what we suffer now is nothing compared to the glory he will reveal to us later.


Lord, I read this as I'm sitting here dealing with sinus pain and pressure yet again. Lord, I get so weary of being sick so much. I am so glad that I have that hope of a new body. My-Hero and I joke that I need to get a head transplant because of the migraines and sinus issues I'm always having. But the reality is that I am going to get a brand new body that is not corrupted by sin and death.

Romans 8:23
And we believers also groan, even though we have the Holy Spirit within us as a foretaste of future glory, for we long for our bodies to be released from sin and suffering. We, too, wait in eager hope for the day when God will give us our full rights as his adopted children, including the new bodies he has promised us.

I find it humorous that minutes before I read this, I was thinking about what I'd heard about some doctor being ready to attempt head transplants. Then I realized that for me to get a head transplant, I would instead be giving someone else my body. I can just see that person asking, "Umm, can I not get a newer model?" Lord, you knew that I would be having those very thoughts right before reading this. It is no coincidence that this is where I am in reading through the word!

I love you, Jesus! I love how you make me laugh. I love how you comfort me with the assurance of my new body. I so look forward to the day when I will join you in glorious freedom from death and decay. In Jesus' name, amen.

MEMORY VERSES
God Has a Purpose
John 10:10
The thief's purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
John 10:10
God Has a Purpose

God Has a Purpose
John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
Philippians 4:6-7
God Has a Purpose

No comments: